This plugin allows you to include an RSS feed in your page or post using a shortcode.
will return the 5 most recent items in the feed in the format:
date: title with a link – source
You can override this format using the optional attributes listed below.
The plugin is at version 2.9.1 and supports thumbnails and a read more link for truncated descriptions, multiple feed URLs separated by commas and the addition of the feed name:
[rssinpage rssfeed='feedURL1, feedURL2']
The plugin supports truncation of the feed title and description.
There are several optional attributes:
- rssformat allows you to format the output using format parameters e.g. the default x: Y – w<br />z where x is the date, Y is the title with a link, y is the title, z is the description and w is the feed name
- rssitems returns a different number of items
- rssorder returns the oldest rss items rather than the most recent
- rsstarget=’_blank’ opens links in a new window/tab, default is ‘_self’
- rssdateformat allows item date to be formatted using php date parameters, default is RFC 2822 formatted date
- rsscss allows you to set a css class to style the list rather than the default content list style in the theme
- rsstitlelength allows you to truncate the title to a certain character length, default returns the whole title
- rssdescriptionlength allows you to truncate the description to a certain character length, default returns the whole description
- rssdescription=’no’ allows you to suppress the description, default is to show it – this still works, but is deprecated: you should use rssformat instead
- rsstimezone allows you to set the timezone in which the feed datetime will be displayed, default is UTC; use values from the php list of supported timezones e.g. PST is America/Los_Angeles, MST is America/Denver, CST is America/Chicago, EST is America/New_York
Please review the php list of supported timezones here to find a city in your timezone.
You can embed the plugin into your theme using the following code snippet:
$atts = array(‘rssfeed’ => ‘feedURL’);
You can add any of the optional attributes to the array.
Download the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/rss-in-page
- Fri, 25 Apr 2014 03:41:10 +0000: Obama in S Korea amid nuclear fears - BBC News - Home
US President Barack Obama arrives in Seoul for a visit that comes amid concern North Korea may be planning a fourth nuclear test.
- Fri, 25 Apr 2014 03:36:51 +0000: Tokyo inflation rate at 22-year high - BBC News - Home
Tokyo consumer prices rise at their fastest pace in 22 years, surging 2.7% over a year, pointing to a likely increase in inflation across Japan.
- Fri, 25 Apr 2014 03:36:43 +0000: VIDEO: One-minute World News - BBC News - Home
Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- Fri, 25 Apr 2014 03:10:36 +0000: Miliband plans zero-hours crackdown - BBC News - Home
Ed Miliband will unveil plans to tackle the "epidemic" of zero-hours contracts in a speech in Scotland later.
- Fri, 25 Apr 2014 02:47:29 +0000: Bolivia dismisses protesting troops - BBC News - Home
Bolivia's military chiefs have ordered the dismissal of more than 700 troops who have been protesting to demand better working conditions.
[rssinpage rssfeed='newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml' rssformat='x: Y
p z' rssdescriptionlength='50' rssdateformat='j F Y H:i:s' rsstimezone='America/New_York' rsscss='rssclass' rsstarget='_blank']
- 24 April 2014 18:42:11: VIDEO: Adams expects Giggs 'reaction'
Norwich manager Neil Adams expects a "reaction" fr... read more
- 24 April 2014 18:20:48: Sevilla 2-0 Valencia CF
Sevilla take control of their Europa League semi-f... read more
- 24 April 2014 18:12:26: Q&A: Ecclestone on trial - day one
What are the big questions as Formula 1 chief Bern... read more
- 24 April 2014 17:37:03: Champion O'Sullivan trails Perry
- 24 April 2014 17:36:23: Benfica 2-1 Juventus
Lima's late strike gives Benfica a narrow advantag... read more
Please note: RSS in Page is built on the excellent SimplePie framework. Before submitting a support comment please check your feed is valid at http://simplepie.org/demo – if it functions there and you are still experiencing an issue please ensure to add the feed in your support request.
If you find this plug in useful please consider donating to its future development: