This plugin allows you to include an RSS feed in your page or post using a shortcode.
will return the 5 most recent items in the feed in the format:
date: title with a link – source
You can override this format using the optional attributes listed below.
The plugin is at version 2.9.1 and supports thumbnails and a read more link for truncated descriptions, multiple feed URLs separated by commas and the addition of the feed name:
[rssinpage rssfeed='feedURL1, feedURL2']
The plugin supports truncation of the feed title and description.
There are several optional attributes:
- rssformat allows you to format the output using format parameters e.g. the default x: Y – w<br />z where x is the date, Y is the title with a link, y is the title, z is the description and w is the feed name
- rssitems returns a different number of items
- rssorder returns the oldest rss items rather than the most recent
- rsstarget=’_blank’ opens links in a new window/tab, default is ‘_self’
- rssdateformat allows item date to be formatted using php date parameters, default is RFC 2822 formatted date
- rsscss allows you to set a css class to style the list rather than the default content list style in the theme
- rsstitlelength allows you to truncate the title to a certain character length, default returns the whole title
- rssdescriptionlength allows you to truncate the description to a certain character length, default returns the whole description
- rssdescription=’no’ allows you to suppress the description, default is to show it – this still works, but is deprecated: you should use rssformat instead
- rsstimezone allows you to set the timezone in which the feed datetime will be displayed, default is UTC; use values from the php list of supported timezones e.g. PST is America/Los_Angeles, MST is America/Denver, CST is America/Chicago, EST is America/New_York
Please review the php list of supported timezones here to find a city in your timezone.
You can embed the plugin into your theme using the following code snippet:
$atts = array(‘rssfeed’ => ‘feedURL’);
You can add any of the optional attributes to the array.
Download the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/rss-in-page
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:01:21 +0000: Russian outrage at Ukraine killing - BBC News - Home
The Russian foreign ministry expresses outrage at a fatal shooting incident in eastern Ukraine which it blames on Ukrainian nationalists.
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:50:56 +0000: VIDEO: Pope prays for Syria and Ukraine - BBC News - Home
The pope has prayed for an end to conflicts around the world including in Syria and Ukraine, in his Easter address.
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:43:38 +0000: Anger erupts over Korea ferry rescue - BBC News - Home
Families of passengers on a sunken South Korean ferry protest angrily over the rescue operation, scuffling with police on Jindo island.
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:35:33 +0000: Miranda 'in Generation Game talks' - BBC News - Home
Comedian Miranda Hart is in "early talks" with the BBC about a revival of game show The Generation Game.
- Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:21:18 +0000: William and Kate at Easter service - BBC News - Home
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend an Easter Sunday church service in Sydney and take Prince George to the zoo as part of their overseas tour.
[rssinpage rssfeed='newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml' rssformat='x: Y
p z' rssdescriptionlength='50' rssdateformat='j F Y H:i:s' rsstimezone='America/New_York' rsscss='rssclass' rsstarget='_blank']
- 20 April 2014 05:57:45: Germany beat Australia in Fed Cup
Germany's Angelique Kerber beats Samantha Stosur t... read more
- 20 April 2014 05:28:12: Wilshere fit for World Cup - Wenger
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger tells England manager R... read more
- 20 April 2014 04:46:09: Hamilton eases to victory in China
Lewis Hamilton takes a dominant victory in the Chi... read more
- 20 April 2014 04:43:12: VIDEO: O'Sullivan backs legends' wildcard
Reigning world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan gives hi... read more
- 20 April 2014 04:21:19: Hopkins secures historic victory
Please note: RSS in Page is built on the excellent SimplePie framework. Before submitting a support comment please check your feed is valid at http://simplepie.org/demo – if it functions there and you are still experiencing an issue please ensure to add the feed in your support request.
If you find this plug in useful please consider donating to its future development: