This plugin allows you to include an RSS feed in your page or post using a shortcode.
will return the 5 most recent items in the feed in the format:
date: title with a link – source
You can override this format using the optional attributes listed below.
The plugin is at version 2.9.1 and supports thumbnails and a read more link for truncated descriptions, multiple feed URLs separated by commas and the addition of the feed name:
[rssinpage rssfeed='feedURL1, feedURL2']
The plugin supports truncation of the feed title and description.
There are several optional attributes:
- rssformat allows you to format the output using format parameters e.g. the default x: Y – w<br />z where x is the date, Y is the title with a link, y is the title, z is the description and w is the feed name
- rssitems returns a different number of items
- rssorder returns the oldest rss items rather than the most recent
- rsstarget=’_blank’ opens links in a new window/tab, default is ‘_self’
- rssdateformat allows item date to be formatted using php date parameters, default is RFC 2822 formatted date
- rsscss allows you to set a css class to style the list rather than the default content list style in the theme
- rsstitlelength allows you to truncate the title to a certain character length, default returns the whole title
- rssdescriptionlength allows you to truncate the description to a certain character length, default returns the whole description
- rssdescription=’no’ allows you to suppress the description, default is to show it – this still works, but is deprecated: you should use rssformat instead
- rsstimezone allows you to set the timezone in which the feed datetime will be displayed, default is UTC; use values from the php list of supported timezones e.g. PST is America/Los_Angeles, MST is America/Denver, CST is America/Chicago, EST is America/New_York
Please review the php list of supported timezones here to find a city in your timezone.
You can embed the plugin into your theme using the following code snippet:
$atts = array(‘rssfeed’ => ‘feedURL’);
You can add any of the optional attributes to the array.
Download the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/rss-in-page
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 22:21:36 +0000: Apartheid strikers to attend funeral - BBC News - Home
Irish supermarket workers who went on strike to force a ban on produce from apartheid-era South Africa are set to attend Nelson Mandela's funeral.
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 21:59:08 +0000: UK flight delays glitch 'now fixed' - BBC News - Home
A telephone glitch that caused hundreds of flight delays has been resolved although some disruption is expected to continue, air traffic controllers say.
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 21:47:17 +0000: VIDEO: Women protesters freed in Egypt - BBC News - Home
Fourteen women jailed in Egypt over a protest in support of ousted President Mohammed Morsi have been freed after an appeal court ruling.
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 21:46:16 +0000: Huge African troop surge for CAR - BBC News - Home
The African Union is to increase significantly the number of troops it plans to send to end communal fighting in the Central African Republic.
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 21:05:39 +0000: Cage aux Folles film director dies - BBC News - Home
Edouard Molinaro, who directed classic French farce La Cage aux Folles and other much-loved films, dies in Paris at the age of 85.
[rssinpage rssfeed='newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml' rssformat='x: Y
p z' rssdescriptionlength='50' rssdateformat='j F Y H:i:s' rsstimezone='America/New_York' rsscss='rssclass' rsstarget='_blank']
- 7 December 2013 17:10:31: Selby hits snooker's 100th 147 break
Mark Selby makes the 100th 147 break in the histor... read more
- 7 December 2013 15:42:24: Northampton 7-40 Leinster
Northampton's hopes of qualifying for the quarter-... read more
- 7 December 2013 15:05:26: Lawro's predictions
BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson takes o... read more
- 7 December 2013 14:56:00: Borussia Dortmund 0-1 Bayer Leverkusen
Borussia Dortmund drop to 10 points off leaders Ba... read more
- 7 December 2013 14:45:55: Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Sunderland remain bottom of the Premier League aft... read more
Please note: RSS in Page is built on the excellent SimplePie framework. Before submitting a support comment please check your feed is valid at http://simplepie.org/demo – if it functions there and you are still experiencing an issue please ensure to add the feed in your support request.
If you find this plug in useful please consider donating to its future development: