This plugin allows you to include an RSS feed in your page or post using a shortcode.
will return the 5 most recent items in the feed in the format:
date: title with a link – source
You can override this format using the optional attributes listed below.
The plugin is at version 2.9.1 and supports thumbnails and a read more link for truncated descriptions, multiple feed URLs separated by commas and the addition of the feed name:
[rssinpage rssfeed='feedURL1, feedURL2']
The plugin supports truncation of the feed title and description.
There are several optional attributes:
- rssformat allows you to format the output using format parameters e.g. the default x: Y – w<br />z where x is the date, Y is the title with a link, y is the title, z is the description and w is the feed name
- rssitems returns a different number of items
- rssorder returns the oldest rss items rather than the most recent
- rsstarget=’_blank’ opens links in a new window/tab, default is ‘_self’
- rssdateformat allows item date to be formatted using php date parameters, default is RFC 2822 formatted date
- rsscss allows you to set a css class to style the list rather than the default content list style in the theme
- rsstitlelength allows you to truncate the title to a certain character length, default returns the whole title
- rssdescriptionlength allows you to truncate the description to a certain character length, default returns the whole description
- rssdescription=’no’ allows you to suppress the description, default is to show it – this still works, but is deprecated: you should use rssformat instead
- rsstimezone allows you to set the timezone in which the feed datetime will be displayed, default is UTC; use values from the php list of supported timezones e.g. PST is America/Los_Angeles, MST is America/Denver, CST is America/Chicago, EST is America/New_York
Please review the php list of supported timezones here to find a city in your timezone.
You can embed the plugin into your theme using the following code snippet:
$atts = array(‘rssfeed’ => ‘feedURL’);
You can add any of the optional attributes to the array.
Download the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/rss-in-page
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:22:39 +0000: Mother charged with triple murder - BBC News - Home
A mother is charged with murdering three of her children who were found dead at a house in south-west London.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:17:16 +0000: Netanyahu: Abbas must end Hamas pact - BBC News - Home
Israeli PM Netanyahu tells the BBC Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas must abandon his pact with Hamas if he wants peace talks to resume.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:11:26 +0000: Third Hobbit film title changed - BBC News - Home
Director Peter Jackson reveals he has changed the title of the final film in his Hobbit trilogy from There and Back Again to The Battle of the Five Armies.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:06:14 +0000: Syria airstrike on market 'kills 20' - BBC News - Home
A Syrian government airstrike on a market in a rebel-held town in Aleppo kills more than 20 people, activist groups say.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:58:13 +0000: New Russia drills after Ukraine raid - BBC News - Home
Russia announces new military exercises on its border with Ukraine, after Kiev orders troops to move against separatists in the east.
[rssinpage rssfeed='newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml' rssformat='x: Y
p z' rssdescriptionlength='50' rssdateformat='j F Y H:i:s' rsstimezone='America/New_York' rsscss='rssclass' rsstarget='_blank']
- 24 April 2014 13:21:30: Selby leads despite Carter rally
Mark Selby leads Ali Carter in round two of the Wo... read more
- 24 April 2014 12:19:55: Ulster sign lock Van der Merwe
South African lock Franco van der Merwe will play ... read more
- 24 April 2014 12:09:45: Norwich expect 'lifted' Man Utd
Norwich City boss Neil Adams expects to face a Man... read more
- 24 April 2014 12:06:19: Sevilla v Valencia CF
Preview followed by live coverage of Thursday's Eu... read more
- 24 April 2014 11:32:52: Moyes 'Chosen One' banner removed
The banner that marked David Moyes's appointment a... read more
Please note: RSS in Page is built on the excellent SimplePie framework. Before submitting a support comment please check your feed is valid at http://simplepie.org/demo – if it functions there and you are still experiencing an issue please ensure to add the feed in your support request.
If you find this plug in useful please consider donating to its future development: