This plugin allows you to include an RSS feed in your page or post using a shortcode.
will return the 5 most recent items in the feed in the format:
date: title with a link – source
You can override this format using the optional attributes listed below.
The plugin is at version 2.9.1 and supports thumbnails and a read more link for truncated descriptions, multiple feed URLs separated by commas and the addition of the feed name:
[rssinpage rssfeed='feedURL1, feedURL2']
The plugin supports truncation of the feed title and description.
There are several optional attributes:
- rssformat allows you to format the output using format parameters e.g. the default x: Y – w<br />z where x is the date, Y is the title with a link, y is the title, z is the description and w is the feed name
- rssitems returns a different number of items
- rssorder returns the oldest rss items rather than the most recent
- rsstarget=’_blank’ opens links in a new window/tab, default is ‘_self’
- rssdateformat allows item date to be formatted using php date parameters, default is RFC 2822 formatted date
- rsscss allows you to set a css class to style the list rather than the default content list style in the theme
- rsstitlelength allows you to truncate the title to a certain character length, default returns the whole title
- rssdescriptionlength allows you to truncate the description to a certain character length, default returns the whole description
- rssdescription=’no’ allows you to suppress the description, default is to show it – this still works, but is deprecated: you should use rssformat instead
- rsstimezone allows you to set the timezone in which the feed datetime will be displayed, default is UTC; use values from the php list of supported timezones e.g. PST is America/Los_Angeles, MST is America/Denver, CST is America/Chicago, EST is America/New_York
Please review the php list of supported timezones here to find a city in your timezone.
You can embed the plugin into your theme using the following code snippet:
$atts = array(‘rssfeed’ => ‘feedURL’);
You can add any of the optional attributes to the array.
Download the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/rss-in-page
- Mon, 21 Apr 2014 02:27:12 +0000: PM's Christianity remarks 'divisive' - BBC News - Home
Leading public figures claim PM David Cameron risks causing division in society with his recent comments that the UK is a Christian country.
- Mon, 21 Apr 2014 02:19:40 +0000: VIDEO: Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies - BBC News - Home
US former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, whose wrongful conviction for murder caused an international outcry, has died at the age of 76.
- Mon, 21 Apr 2014 02:16:30 +0000: Ukraine probes deaths in tense east - BBC News - Home
Ukraine says it will launch an investigation into a fatal shooting in the east of the country which has raised tension with Russia further.
- Mon, 21 Apr 2014 01:46:49 +0000: Fresh violence erupts in Venezuela - BBC News - Home
Fresh violence erupts in the Venezuelan capital, Caracas, between police and opponents of President Nicolas Maduro.
- Mon, 21 Apr 2014 01:41:42 +0000: Teachers angry at online insults - BBC News - Home
Online social media is being misused to insult, intimidate and smear staff in schools, says a teachers' union.
[rssinpage rssfeed='newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/sportonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml' rssformat='x: Y
p z' rssdescriptionlength='50' rssdateformat='j F Y H:i:s' rsstimezone='America/New_York' rsscss='rssclass' rsstarget='_blank']
- 20 April 2014 18:56:56: Donald pipped by Kuchar in RBC Heritage
England's Luke Donald finishes second, one shot be... read more
- 20 April 2014 18:09:41: Carter sees off debutant Xiao
Ali Carter beats Xiao Guodong to reach the second ... read more
- 20 April 2014 17:12:07: Barcelona 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Lionel Messi scores the winner as Barcelona come f... read more
- 20 April 2014 16:54:38: Garth Crooks's Team of the Week
Who was "the warrior" Liverpool needed and who has... read more
- 20 April 2014 16:03:52: Man Utd are rebuilding, says Moyes
Manager David Moyes says big changes lie ahead for... read more
Please note: RSS in Page is built on the excellent SimplePie framework. Before submitting a support comment please check your feed is valid at http://simplepie.org/demo – if it functions there and you are still experiencing an issue please ensure to add the feed in your support request.
If you find this plug in useful please consider donating to its future development: